We are committed to creating exceptional homes that minimize their impact on the environment. That means minimizing waste, reducing our emissions and becoming more energy efficient while providing our customers with great communities to live and work in. We believe we have a corporate responsibility and through industry leadership and innovation we will continue to produce homes for a sustainable and equitable future for future generations.
- Outperforming building code requirements for energy, water savings and design.
- Testing and implementing innovative technologies in our "Discovery Homes".
How Arista is making your home GREENER:
- Energy Efficient Features: all off-switches, energy efficient windows, high performance insulation and programmable thermostats.
- Water-Efficient toilets, showerheads, faucets and rain-barrels.
- Solar Ready Homes –well equipped to take advantage of new technologies that can potentially lessen hydro loads during peak hours. The Solar Reflective Index is used to determine which construction materials deflect solar heat to minimize AC dependence in summer months.
- Sustainable Site Design: storm water planning, airtight construction and connectivity to green space, transit and community features.
- Waste Reduction – diverting construction waste materials from the landfill into the recycling stream.
- Participation in certification programs such as: Energystar, Energuide, Natural Resources Canada.
Arista has also demonstrated its commitment in the following ways:
- Participated in a Savings by Design program and worked alongside industry leaders to learn more about Energy conservation methods, products and practices.
- We have been selected by Natural Resources Canada to work in consultation and test various materials and methods for building practices.
- Partnered with National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA) to improve design.
- Worked with T.A.P in the construction of a Technology Adoption House.